Thursday, September 18, 2008

Strip Tease

Becca has said many times "Rain intensifies emotions." I agree! When your super stoked about something you just wanna go dance in the rain. When your feeling really sad staring out a window and watching rain drops pelt the glass is exactly what you want to do. Have you ever noticed that romantic scenes in movies getting 100x mushier in the rain. It would not be very romantic if a couple stood on a random street outside of a random store and kissed. It would how ever be very sappy if they embraced in the pouring down rain, disregarding any umbrellas, coats or brief cases.

I have learned through experience that rain will intensify any emotion. Including humiliation:

"Go Em! GO!" I hear mom yell from the side lines. Its the beginning of the third half. Who decided that was fair! Just because they have two teams and we have one does not make it ok for us to play two games! Ger. This girl keeps elbowing me. Come on ref lets just start the half already! Blow the whistle! Man I can not see! There should be goggles with mesh so rain doesn't puddle up in them like now.

TWWWEEEETTT!

My feet jump off the line into action. I sprint twenty feet. They won the ball, so I slow down. No sense in rushing around now, it's in the defenses hands. My legs are cold. Why a breeze? It's raining harder. I look down...No skirt. My mind goes blank. Why don't I have a skirt on? I spin around. There laying twenty feet back is my skirt, in the mud.

"You might want to put that on." snorts the girl defending me. I blush.

"No I usually play nude. It's cool." I stammer, trying to play it off. I rush back and awkwardly try to button my skirt back on. Oh no. Here comes the ball. I frantically try to button it but the rain is coming to hard and my mind is to frazzled. My eyes land on my coach.She is rolling with laughter on the side lines. It just now to me how public this little incident is. I bolt with my stick in one hand and my skirt in the other to the side lines yelling for
Ally to sub someone in for me.
"Nice strip tease Em!"
"You would!!"
I like those spandex there girl!"
I hear these remarks tossed back and forth. All I want is to get my skirt back on and get
back in the game so I can knock that girl down who made fun of me.
The day and the life of Emily Ewing.

3 comments:

Patty said...

You are such a hoot. I so remember that game. All the years I've watched lacrosse - I've never seen someone's skirt fall off. Hahaha.

Katherine Michael said...

I laughed out loud several times. What a mental image.

Rebecca Charlene said...

great.

good voice, too, emily.
-b