Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spooning

First of all I must apologize for my lack of participation thus far. I must say anything on a computer frustrates me. If its not face book I need a guide. So now that mom has set me up it's time to write....
I used to take for granted that fact that we have a mother that will be our personal soothing alarm clock (equipped with a snooze button),  breakfast/lunch/dinner provider, free taxi driver and back scratcher extraordinaire. I still catch myself not being as grateful as I should be but I'm just realizing how blessed we really are. Most of my friends have to wake up to the shrill screaming of an alarm clock or to a parent running out the door shouting "You'd better not be late for school!" We have an exceptional mother who serves us in every way she can. 
I always loved getting my back scratched, my stomach scratched, my legs, feet, arm pits...pretty much anything scratched. It is still a blessing getting lulled into a pretend sleep (feel free to stop by any time mom, I'm free most nights.) I especially loved it when I happened to be sharing the experience with one of my sisters. It was usually Becca and I sprawled out in mom and dad's old bed. It was especially enjoyable because I knew that when mom snuck out of the room the night was not nearly over. I can not tell you how many nights Becca and I layed awake talking about anything and everything . Mostly laughing. After the last laughs died down our breathing deepened, eyes remained closed. This is when the real fun started. 
I am an aggressive sleeper. I have been told by many. I gradually awake from a restful sleep. Stretch, yawn, blink, then realize I'm on top of a very awake very confused first guest. 
"Oh I'm so sorry! Did I keep you awake long!?"
"O no...only about four hours..."
That's how I weed out the fake friends. Invite 'em over and sleep with 'em. If they can handle the spooning, they can handle me. 

3 comments:

Patty said...

hahaha good blog! funny.

Happy to be of service as an alarm clock. And when have I ever scratched your pits?! lol

Katherine Michael said...

This is hilarious!

Rebecca Charlene said...

i'm in the library and i'm struggling to keep myself contained. love it, kiddo.
-b