Friday, November 21, 2008

Stubbs

I was always jealous of those girls who had perfectly painted nails that they could do themselves. I would practice and practice and still end up with smudges and paint all over my fingers. I have shaky hands apparently. Then I discovered clear nail polish and that is practically all I use on my fingers now. Helps to keep me from biting them and turning them into stubbs...

However, I DO love a good mani/pedi at a salon. I used to be slightly addicted to them in high school but then realized that I didn't really have the means of income in college to keep up the "mani/pedi" lifestyle. It seems like every salon you go to is the same. You walk in and you are inandated with the strong smell of acrylic nails and polish remover. Then a Koren woman shouts a greeting from the back of the room by the pedicure chairs and trys to upsell you on ever service they offer for "Only six dollar more." Click here to watch a video of Anjelah Johnson a comedian that talks about this whole experiece. It is quite funny.

I don't know why this experience is so great. Maybe it is because of the massage chairs, or the high you get from all the fumes when you leave. But, honestly, I think women just like to be pampered and pretty. And for those of us who can't "paint within the lines" this is a plesent change from the norm of clear polish and bitten nails.

1 comment:

Patty said...

That comedian was hilarious. I loved it.

I love a good laugh - one of life's best gifts.