Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change (first post in about eight years)

Change.
For most people this word incites mild panic and excessive perspiration.
Stutters develop and the most level minded adults become
severely tongue tied.

I'm just about the opposite.
Change is a new beginning in my book.
Most of my yesterdays are not quite what I had planed
and if there's a soul on the planet who wouldn't say the
same, just I'd like to read their book.

New things bring new first tries.
And the up side to any first try is the security of excuses.
"Oh, beginners luck." or "Rome wasn't built in a day"
Either way you have an out.
You fail, that's ok, it was your first time up to bat.
You succeed and you aren't necessarily required to repeat that performance.
Easy.

Change is the ADD kids best friend.
I'm not ADD but sometimes I think my dreams are.
One day I will be an actress, and the next a writer.
I will be a volleyball star, then I will be a marathon runner.
It's not a bad thing to try new things, but does it mean anything
if instead of winning the '12 seasons of greatness' award at your
school, you've been offered the '12 Sports Attempted' prize?

Some call it running away,
Others call in branching out.
I'm not sure where I fall, but I do
truely enjoy frequent change in my life.

I would do a little experiment to test if change
has positive of negative effects on my life, but
Things would probably change too soon for me to really tell.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Ha! Isn't this the truth about you. You like to keep it spicey! Mix it on up, girl. It's your style.

Sooo good to have you posting again! Looking forward to many more.

Katherine Michael said...

I LOLed at the "12 sports attempted" prize part.

I'm glad you embrace change. Here is where I fall in this category.

If change is imposed upon me - i panic.

If i'm the one who gets to decide what changes - i love it.

Rebecca Charlene said...

I LOLed and the people around me asked why. I read them part of your blog. They LOLed, too.

Change. I think before everything in my world changed this past week, I would have said I totally rock change. I love it. Bring it on.

Now, though, I'm not rockin it, I'm more like... taggin along behind it, trying to keep up. It's not friendly, but it's kind enough.

I love you all.

Patty said...

this most recent change in my life (the exit of all girls in the house but me) is tough.

strugglin' a bit.

come see me