Friday, August 20, 2010

This is how it went:
We were all just hangin out in the kitchen eating something (probably delicious cereal) and Emily jokingly wrote her silly little twirly signature on my shin. For some odd reason my leg was conveniently propped up on the counter top. And there it was, in blue ink, Emily's name looking like a tat.

I wore cropped pants to work and then a skirt later that day. People saw it, I'm sure. I didn't mind. After work Emily asked me to go to our friend who is a hair dresser to get her hair cut... just like me.

We had some sister moments in the car and it was just as we were pulling off 315 at the Ackerman exit that we started talking about her signature on my leg again. "You know, I don't know if I would actually mind it so much. It's kinda cool," I half-joked. And then I thought, I actually wouldn't mind having this as a tattoo. I love my sister. And then it dawned on us:"OOOOO! We could all get a tattoo of the sister's signatures!"

So... we're not quite joking when we say we want your signatures (even if they're illegible or look like a fourth grader's).

4 comments:

Rebecca Charlene said...

Pssst. Don't tell Mom.

Patty said...

oh. my. goodness.

Katherine Michael said...

My rule is to wait at least a year before I 100% commit to a tattoo. This time next year, if it still sounds appealing. I'm in.

Emily said...

I"m in.