Monday, July 26, 2010

I Miss...I Love

I miss…having everyone home.

I don’t miss…picking up after everyone.

I miss…my dad. I think of him several times every single day.

I miss…being a kid and reading during the day without feeling guilty.

I miss…Katie singing around the house.

I miss…my motivation to lose weight. Not sure where it has gone.

I miss…family dinners.

I don’t miss…cooking them.

I miss…going to church together.

I miss…Cynthia and Katherine–and Becca when she’s not here…and Emily when she spends the night elsewhere. (Pathetic, I know.)

I miss…Myrtle Beach and Hocking Hills. Had some serious fun on those vacations.

Done. I warn you all–if you write one of these “I miss” pieces–it may make you sad-ish.



I love…when we are all together.

I am so satisfied…when the house is clean.

I am so grateful for…my heritage and my godly earthly father.

I am excited…every night to get in bed and read until I get sleepy.

I treasure…knowing that Katherine leads people to the throne of God with her voice.

I take great pleasure in… carrot cake from J. Alexander’s and Homemade brand Coconut Almond Chip ice cream.

I luxuriate…when we can all eat out together and laugh and hang out while we wait.

I love…music that the Holy Spirit uses to move me. (i.e. “How He Loves Us”, Jays of Clay’s “Jesus’ Blood Never Failed Me Yet”, “Revelation Song” by Kari Jobe and Watermark’s “Captivate Us” to name a few)

I love…that we will see Katherine, Cynthia, Josh and John-Paul in a couple of weeks!!

There will be many more family vacations–I will begin to plan them.

There. I feel much better.

Love. You. All.

No comments: