Friday, August 22, 2008

Why "Our Favorite Things"

When my sisters and I were kids our mom used to sing us to sleep. A staple of the night- time-mommy-track-list was "My Favorite Things" aka "Raindrops on Roses" from the Sound of Music. Ever since I can remember I have had nearly every word to this song memorized. I always got the "crisp apple streudels and schnitzel with noodles" part jumbled though (as a five year old those are big words!)

Now we are all growing up and in different parts of the country. In an effort to stay better connected we decided to start this blog. How this is supposed to work is that every week one of us will pick one of OUR favorite things and each person then writes about that particular topic.

My sisters, my mom and I are all in TOTALLY different places in life so this should make the blog pretty dynamic and interesting. You never know what type of post you will get. Could be short, could be long. Could be funny could be serious. Who knows?

We hope you will stick with us on this blogging journey and most of all enjoy!

2 comments:

Rebecca Charlene said...

this is going to be a very good thing.

Katherine Michael said...

Yes it is...